Pages

Jul 16, 2014

Dipes, Wall Art, and Bookshelves, Oh My!

Slowly but surely the nursery is getting a little more "finished."

Although my goal in this post was to get the changing station all fixed up and ready to roll, I've really only made small changes in this corner of the room.  We finally got a changing pad and cover and attached it to the dresser.  I took the mirror from the office and spray painted it orange and hung it above the changing station to bounce some more light around in that little alcove.  I found a secondhand wipes warmer that will be great for storing cloth wipes and a cute little bin on super sale at JoAnn Fabric.  I also finally got our diaper pail set up.  This is my first simplehuman brand garbage can and I have to say that I totally love it.  It doesn't show fingerprints, has a handy feature for tucking in excess liner, and has a soft-close lid.

Almost ready for baby buns.

My favorite update in this area is something I actually had nothing to do with.  My very crafty and creative sister-in-law, Tabi, found a pattern for making cloth diapers online and last week she brought me this darling handmade basket full of 9 newborn sized cloth diapers she had made.  It kills me that they are color coordinated.

The whole kit 'n caboodle.

How cute are these??  Mr. Baby's going to be styling some cute buns, for sure.  PS, Tabi is thinking of selling cute dipes and accessories like these on etsy- I'll pass along a link once her shop opens!

"Rawr" means "I love you" in dinosaur.

On the opposite side of the room, I made a no-sew crib skirt for Mr. Baby.  I love that I got to choose my own fabrics, but I especially love that the skirt is attached to the crib frame with velcro.  This will make it really easy to take off and reattach when it needs to be washed, and it'll also make shortening the skirt as the crib gets lowered a cinch.  Plus we now have some handy hidden storage under the crib, woo!

The result of a couple hours of quality time with hem tape and an iron.

On the wall above the crib, I used some scrapbook paper and pins to create some whimsical wall art in the form of pinwheels.  I really wanted something that would have a big impact but be super-cheap.  That way I won't feel guilty if/when things need to be changed up again in this room.  The smaller pinwheels actually spin!


Handmade wall art that costs less than $5.

I spray painted some Ikea spice racks and attached them to the wall above the bookshelf.  I'm intending to use these for the books we'd like to keep in Mr. Baby's collection but not be handled without supervision, like books that have been signed by the author or are being passed down from my mom's collection.

Ready for bedtime stories!

I'm so excited that things are coming together in this room!  Makes me feel a little bit more ready to meet this little guy!

Only 3 weeks left til Mr. Baby's due date!


No comments:

Post a Comment