Pages

Jul 8, 2013

Cover-Up

Kenny is the BOSS, Princess Hayley, Angel, Oh ya!

What does it all mean?  I'm not sure.  I am sure that I don't want to read these phrases scrawled on the inside of our garage in sidewalk chalk and spray paint anymore.  And the best way to do that is a little cover up mission.  I recruited Martha Stewart to help me.  Or her Flagstone paint, to be exact.

Buh-bye, Princess Hayley.

We had about seven gallons of Matha Stewart's Flagstone exterior paint after using it as the base paint for our house last summer.  I figured, why not?  It's a little dark for a place that is already kind of dark, but it's free, and we had a TON of the stuff.

I decided to paint the entire finished section of wall, which includes the wall closest to the interior of our house and about four feet's worth of drywall on either side of that.  And I figured I'd add some organization and pizzazz so long as I was classing the joint up.  More on that later.  Here's how we looked after just adding the paint and a shelf that had been gathering dust in the corner for the last almost two years (don't judge).


Delightfully scribble-free.

Is there still work to be done?  Oh yes.  See: laundry basket full of shoes, half-empty box of wine in front of chest freezer, and lack of photos showing the whole finished wall for reference.  But I've already gotten to work on it.  And you'll get to see it soon.  I promise.  Spoiler alert- the finished wall may or may not include Star Trek memorabilia.






No comments:

Post a Comment